Lead Construction Superintendent
Company: Wohlsen Construction Company
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About Your OpportunityAs a Superintendent at Wohlsen
Construction, you will manage all field staff, subcontractors and
vendors. You will oversee all activities to successfully complete a
single project of varying complexity. You will work as a part of a
Project Team to produce a quality project on time and within a
project budget. You will report to the Project Executive.How You
- You will provide guidance, leadership for other
superintendents, assistant superintendents, project engineers and
other subordinate site staff.
- Manage the planning, scheduling and coordination of all work to
be done on a given project.
- Review contract documents and provide guidance on
- Manage contractors to complete punch lists for incomplete or
deficient work and have all deficient work corrected before the
final inspection by the project architect or other
- You will conduct weekly coordination meetings with the foreman
for the various trades to discuss the progress of the work, the
project schedule, safety and upcoming activities. Document
discussions through Pull Planning or development and management of
a weekly Look Ahead Schedule.
- You will conduct regular quality control inspections and make
sure that all work is done following industry and Wohlsen
- Prepare and submit daily reports using software that shows all
work performed onsite. This report shall include information
related to construction delays, milestones achieved and the
As a Superintendent, your responsibilities within the Project Team:
- Lead the team in evaluating site conditions, site logistics and
procedures to ensure work is being performed productively and
within Wohlsen Construction's quality and safety standards.
- Assist with the evaluation of cost and schedule impacts of
project revisions and ensure that proper documentation is completed
to memorialize scope changes with our clients and
- Assist the team in performing and maintaining all required
safety inspections, equipment and documentation.
- Work with the project teams to schedule the delivery of
equipment and materials needed for the project.
- Assist with the verification of additional work performed by
- Work with the project team to prepare final as-built drawings
showing project revisions, sketches, and notes.
- Assist with other activities as determined by the Project
- Ability to read and understand contract drawings and
- Have a valid driver license with the ability to travel.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without
restriction or sponsorship.
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business plan
Qualifications for a Lead Superintendent:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Technology, Engineering or
other related discipline or equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of field construction experience in a
supervisory capacity on projects ranging from $10 to $50
Physical RequirementsIn a normal day, this position requires 4-6
hours of standing, sitting, and walking. In a normal day, the
employee must be able to drive 1-4 hours. Employee must be able to
lift/carry up to 50 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 25
lbs. In this position the employee must be able to use his/her
upper extremities for repetitive simple grasping, pushing/pulling,
and fine manipulation. In this position, the employee frequently
(34-66%) bend at the waist, squat at the knees, climb (including
ladders), and reach above shoulders. In this position, employee
occasionally (0-33%) must be able to kneel, crawl, use feet (foot
controls), and/or work at heights above 6 feet.
Wohlsen Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Wohlsen Construction Company, Wilmington , Lead Construction Superintendent, Professions , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!