Manager - Maintenance & Reliability
Company: Campbell Soup Company
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a
difference.GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Plant
Manager, this position will lead and manage all functions and
activities of the Maintenance Department. This position will
partner with key plant and corporate stakeholders to implement and
drive best practices in safety, engineering, maintenance, process
engineering, reliability, environmental, and technology by applying
Lean Manufacturing tools and best practices to drive continuous
improvement and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). Maintenance
responsibilities include leading and managing all activities and
functions of the plant's Maintenance Department including
interfacing with maintenance staff in trouble shooting equipment,
and facility problems.
- Lead Activities to Support Plant Performance
- Partners with Downingtown's Safety and Operations management
teams, peers at other Company locations, and Corporate Engineering
and Reliability to identify and implement best practice
- Assume a leadership role in Plant safety initiatives and
compliance. Prepare CSC safety audit sections and lead auditors
through assigned sections.
- Drives Reliability by leading the teams that develops,
standardizes, reduces cost, and optimizes processes across the
plant by utilizing Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma principles.
- Directs the team responsible for the installation, maintenance,
and repair of highly automated food processing equipment, including
advanced robotics technology.
- Tracks key performance indicators on an ongoing basis;
identifies and communicates issues to senior management and
implements appropriate corrective action to deliver departmental
- Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work
performance and acquaint workers with company policies and
- Project Management. Drives creative and breakthrough
engineering/capital projects from conception to project close-out
by leading the team that plans, implements, manages such projects.
Ensures projects are completed in scope, on budget, and on
- Partner with Suppliers to research and submit recommendations
for equipment and plant systems purchases. Directs and coordinates
fabrication and installation activities to ensure equipment and
systems conforms to engineering design, and recommends design
modifications to eliminate machine or systems malfunctions
- Explains and enforces Company policies pertaining to safety,
quality, and workplace conduct. Ensures full compliance with these
policies. Performs Contractor safety Orientation and maintains
files of insurance and other pertinent records.
- Maintain qualified maintenance staff to support manufacturing
and capital initiatives. Promote personal and professional
- Partners with Plant Controller and Plant Manager to develop the
AOP budget for the Maintenance department. Closely monitors and
controls departmental costs, including labor and overtime; adjusts
as necessary to meet budgetary guidelines.
- Administer the plant's environmental programs including
permitting and adherence to federal, state, and local
- Facilitate and/or direct resolutions to issues as it relates to
food safety and quality.
- Responsible for managing Plant's Ammonia Refrigeration
Operations which involves PSM Plan.
- In the absence of the Manager, Maintenance & Reliability, the
appropriate responsibilities will be shown utilizing the
organizational chart to cover critical food safety
- Assumes responsibility for the Quality System requirements
defined in 401 of the Pepperidge Farm, Inc. - Downingtown Plant
Quality Procedures Manual.
- The above reflects the typical duties of the job. Other duties
may be assigned as needed.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Education desired: M.S. degree in Engineering or a related field.
8+ years of Project Engineering in a plant/manufacturing
environment Minimum 4 years supervisory experience in
- Experience in Environmental and Process Safety Management
Requires knowledge and ability to drive Reliability by applying
Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma concepts.
- Strong experience in Ammonia Refrigeration to managing the
Plant's Ammonia Refrigeration Operations and PSM Plan.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities; promotes
engagement & diversity Strong verbal and written communication
skills; able to communicate at any organizational level
Comprehensive working knowledge of project management, writing
capital projects, and general engineering.
- ERP systems (previous SAP experience preferred).
- Knowledge of electrical controls, mechanical systems, packaging
equipment and materials, ladder logic, P&ID's, and mechanical
blueprints Familiar with OSHA, NEC, NFPA, FM requirements and EPA
- Computer proficiency is required in the following: Kronos,
Windows-based software applications (Word, Excel, Access). AutoCadd
proficiency is required.% OF TRAVEL REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
Work time is divided between office, meeting rooms, and the plant
environment. While in the plant, the employee maybe exposed to
moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the plant requires
hearing protection.ACRThe Company is committed to providing equal
opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the
employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.In that regard, U.S. applicants and
employees are protected from discrimination based on certain
categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional
Keywords: Campbell Soup Company, Wilmington , Manager - Maintenance & Reliability, Professions , Downingtown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!