Sprinkler Service Technician
Company: Keystone Fire and Security
Location: West Chester
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Description: The Sprinkler Service Technician is to deliver
quality products and services which meet or exceed customer and
industry standards, and to achieve customer satisfaction through a
unified commitment to job competency and unsurpassed service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform routine inspection, service and maintenance of fire
sprinkler/standpipe systems and related equipment.
- Perform flow tests, fire pump tests, hydrostatic tests, main
drain tests, trip test dry valves, and test hydrants.
- Perform dry sprinkler inspection, including; properly trip test
dry valve, identify/test/reset QOD's and air maintenance device,
identify auxiliary drains, clean/reset dry valves, identify low air
pressure switches, properly put system in service and identify
correct types of air compressors.
- Perform pre-action/deluge inspections including properly
identifying and disabling the systems, testing and resetting,
identify mechanical, electrical op and auxiliary shutdown and
properly put system in service.
- Correctly identify and inspect standpipe including identify
class of standpipe and hose cabinet, properly test hose valves,
test pressure relief, inspect and re-rack hose.
- Conduct a fire pump test including properly identify pump
types, calculate actual flow GPM/hoses, use pitot, multimeter,
tachometer, have knowledge of pump controller and the ability to
graph pump curve.
- Perform a wet system inspection including perform the main
drain test, identify and test flow switched, tampers, water motor
alarms, antifreeze loops, and perform a proper walkthrough
- Keep informed of new products and developments. Attend in-house
training sessions and manufacturers' training as assigned and/or
- Properly identify and test fire hydrants.
- Be knowledgeable with N.F.P.A 25 and to troubleshoot fire
pumps, wet systems, dry systems, and pre action systems.
- Operate 300 machine and to thread and groove pipe as well as
proper head spacing.
- Accurately complete and return all field paperwork on time,
including calling in time worked daily.
- Be available for off-hour emergency service calls and the
on-call schedule assigned.
- Report all accidents, mishaps and/or customer complaints
- Keep company issued vehicle clean, neat, and organized. Return
unused parts and equipment to the warehouse/shed upon completion of
- Work cooperatively with other departments within the company
and with fellow coworkers.
- Interface with customers to explain work to be performed,
answer their questions and address their concerns in a
knowledgeable and respectful manner.
- Provide accurate and complete information on reports and
- Manage time including time on the job as well as time on road
to job sites. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty
- Mechanical skills and aptitude
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Able to
interact with all levels being served
- Represent the company in a professional, credible manner in
speech, written communications and appearance
- Able to adapt behavior to different people and situations. Be
flexible by adjusting interpersonal approaches appropriate to the
- Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Required: Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Required: 1-3 years related experience
- Preferred: Sprinkler Apprenticeship program graduate
- Preferred: Advanced Technical School Training
- Preferred: NICET Level 1, New England Waterworks Backflow
Certification, Philadelphia Certification Physical Demands/Working
- Regular and Timely Attendance
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 hours)
without a break
- Position requires bending, twisting, stooping, climbing
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds
- Position requires pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
frequently and 40 pounds occasionally
- May be exposed to temperature changes, heights, small spaces
including confined spaces
- Ability to distinguish colors and use hands for repetitive fine
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must pass initial and random substance abuse tests
Keywords: Keystone Fire and Security, Wilmington , Sprinkler Service Technician, Professions , West Chester, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!