Regulatory Analyst IV
Company: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
DescriptionRegulatory Analyst IV
Home-based, residing in DE, MD or FL
What makes us great
At the heart of our Company is a dedication to delivering energy
that drives progress. We put people first, work to keep them safe
and build trusting relationships.
What you'll be working on...
Your role in our success will be to prepare Company Rate
Proceedings and related analysis. You'll assist in developing and
implementing new programs, rates, and other regulatory strategies
within the proceedings. You will be integral in proposing solutions
to key business issues, when necessary, and making oral and written
testimony and support to state regulatory agencies.
- Develop understanding of regulatory accounting and analysis to
support and prepare regulatory rate proceedings.
- Assist in preparation and support of tools and analysis used in
the Company's rate proceeding filings.
- Prepare regulatory filings and petitions before regulatory
bodies including the Public Service Commissions in all of the
- Prepare and sponsor formal written testimony and data requests
relating to all regulatory proceeding filings.
- Prepares rate and revenue analysis, tariffs and rate designs
related to regulated rates.
- Work with state Public Service Commissions (PSC) and Public
Counsel/Advocates (OPC) including auditors and staff, along with
outside auditors to provide necessary assistance and
- Assist with regulatory strategic planning, and development of
rates, programs and filings within the Company's regulatory
- Assist in preparation and support of the proper accounting
treatment related to PSC approvals within the Company's rate
- Prepare regulatory customer communications.
- Prepare regulatory analysis and other special projects as it
relates to rate proceedings.
Who you are...
- You have a four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics
or other related field.
- You possess at least five to seven years of utility and
regulatory affairs experience.
- It would be preferred if you have a background in utility
accounting, financial analysis, regulated utility analysis, rates,
and cost of service.
- You have strong written and verbal communication
- You have a wealth of knowledge of company tariffs, rate design,
- You have worked with and are proficient in Microsoft Office
suite, Epicor suite, UI, FRx and Business Objects.
- You have a high level of initiative, leadership and enjoy
Benefits/what's in it for you?
- Flexible work arrangement
- Competitive base salary
- Fantastic opportunities for career growth
- Cooperative, supportive and empowered team atmosphere
- Annual bonus and salary increase opportunities
- Monthly recognition events
- Endless wellness initiatives and community events
- Robust and customizable benefit packages-choose what works best
with your life. Options include generous 401k, medical, dental and
life insurance, tuition reimbursement, compensated volunteer hours
- Paid time off, holidays and a separate bank of sick time!
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with
a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email
or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources Operations at
EducationBachelors of Accounting (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation, Wilmington , Regulatory Analyst IV, Professions , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!