SRT Maintenance Mechanic - Research
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Research Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the repair
and upkeep of the facilities and assets within the Nemours Research
Department Delaware Valley locations. He/she will work to ensure
efficient operation of building systems and respond to emergencies
when necessary. Coordinate repairs and inspect the safety systems
- Ability to maintain/repair minor research equipment.
- Routinely inspect emergency equipment (e.g., eyewash
stations/safety showers, fire extinguishers, spill kits, etc.)
- Assist Research Safety and Facilities Operations Manager with
inspections/reports of research facilities, equipment, and systems
to identify and correct any issues.
- Ability to safely work with compressed gases (e.g.,
handling/transporting cylinders, connecting/disconnecting tanks,
- Assist as necessary with building decontamination, cleaning,
- Assist with lab moves (e.g., move-ins, expansions, and
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and
- Experience using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read technical manuals, engineering documents, and
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Maintenance experience
- High School diploma required; Specialized training
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Broad technical knowledge
- Works with minimal supervision
- Sets and meets deadlines
- Thinks and plans proactively (Attention to detail)
- Physical stamina and dexterity (Physical ability)
Keywords: Nemours, Wilmington , SRT Maintenance Mechanic - Research, Professions , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!