Head of Operations
Company: Bender Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
For over 75 years, Bender has been a market leader in providing
electrical safety equipment to industries worldwide. Our wide
portfolio of cutting-edge products ensure that people, equipment,
and facilities worldwide are protected with the latest in
electrical safety technology. Our worldwide network of over 70
offices, representatives, and partners offer comprehensive product,
application, and technical support.
Bender's core competence is electrical safety. With expertise in
virtually every industry, Bender provides both the products and
knowledge to meet the demands for customer-specific solutions.
Always on the cutting edge, our portfolio of electrical safety
solutions focus on a wide range of industries, from mainstay
industries such as hospitals, mining, and manufacturing, to newly
developed industries such as solar, wind, and electric vehicles.
Our ongoing research and development in virtually all industries
ensures that no matter the application, you can count on Bender to
be your partner in electrical safety.
At Bender Inc. we believe in providing a generous benefits package
to our employees to help cover the always rising medical costs and
keep their out of pocket spend very low. Bender Inc. covers 100% of
insurance premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision for eligible
employees and their qualifying dependents. The benefits we offer to
our employees include:
--- Medical (including prescription plan)
--- Short-Term Disability
--- Long-Term Disability
--- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Account
--- Life Insurance
--- Safe Harbor 401k Plan, where the company contributes 3% of
--- Employee Assistance Program
--- Vacation & PTO
--- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
--- 12 Paid Holidays
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and Procedures, as well as
the safety requirements of our customers where applicable.
- Ensures that the operation complies to all policies and
procedures relating to Security and Health & Safety; influences any
changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum
risk to staff members and the business.
- Oversee the acquisition, distribution, allocation, delivery,
and resource of raw materials in support of the manufacturing
process; and sourcing of all goods and services required by the
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations with internal
departments, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation
companies and customers.
- Develop, manage, and execute OPEX and CAPEX budgets in
accordance with annual business planning process (BTA) and the
- Develop, manage and report status of departmental KPI's to
support achievement of company goals.
- Manage and optimize direct and indirect costs to drive
continual improvements in P&L.
- Inspire, lead, mentor and develop team to address the most
critical business and production issues to ensure alignment and
achievement of the businesses priorities and goals.
- Responsible for the leadership and development of plant
operational personnel to plan, prioritize, and coordinate customer
orders to ensure on time delivery in cooperation with sales and
customer experience teams.
- Identifies needs and plans direction on real-time staffing
requirements based on capacity, backlog and forecasts.
- Perform departmental risk assessments to identify potential
problems and implement plans to mitigate as required.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture across the business
using world class continuous improvement techniques driving process
- Review, create, develop and manage vendor contracts to ensure
on time delivery, business risk reduction, and optimization of
- Responsible for working with the accounting department to
establish robust cost accounting standards, policies, and
- Leading and improving inventory accuracy including but not
limited to cycle and physical counts.
- Management of facility maintenance.
- Manages all employees of the department and is responsible for
leadership, performance management, and hiring of the employees
within the department.
- Demonstrate a high degree of competence and experience in
supply chain management.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other
company employees to foster aid promote a cooperative and
harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum
employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Projects a favorable image of the companies to promote its aims
and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and
acceptance of all of its areas of endeavors.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all
problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt
corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses
of action which may be taken.
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and
efficiently manage the personnel assigned.
- Maintains a qualified staff and develop talent pipeline to meet
the needs of the business.
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected
of personnel assigned.
- Recommends salary adjustments. transfers, promotions and
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma Certification required.
- LEAN manufacturing certification or relevant training
- Working knowledge of SAP (PP and MM) and experience with ERP
systems highly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure
manuals. Ability to speak and present effectively before groups of
managers, clients, customers, and employees.
- Experienced in managing relationships at a senior level and
managing a diverse (in terms of skill base and experience) team of
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to contribute and
successfully deliver against a business strategy.
The above statements and information are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so
classified. Nothing in this document is intended to exclude the
opportunity for modifications or adjustment to the job or the
manner of performing it consistent with the requirement to provide
reasonable accommodations to the disabled. With or without
accommodation, the essential functions must be performed. Employees
unable to accomplish any functions may request reasonable
accommodation's pursuant to the Americans with Disability Act. In
addition, employee must follow all Bender Inc. Safety Policies and
Procedures, as well as the safety requirements of our customers
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Keywords: Bender Inc., Wilmington , Head of Operations, Professions , Exton, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!