Construction Project Manager
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Construction Project Manager
If you are a Construction Project Manager with experience, please
Top Reasons to Work with Us
We are looking to hire a Construction Project Manager who has
experience with ground-up, Commercial construction projects. All of
our projects are within a 2 hour radius, so no far out traveling
will be involved. Any experience with general commercial
construction is preferred, such as HVAC, Healthcare, Schools, Labs,
What You Will Be Doing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work with Lead Project Manager, Operations Manager and
Superintendent to establish a complete and comprehensive project
team in all aspects of project's
2. Participate in proposals for potential projects.
3. Initiate and maintain liaison with client and design team to
facilitate construction activities.
4. Direct and coordinate activities of project team members to
ensure project schedule and budget.
5. Create, maintain and utilize the CPM schedule as required by the
project. Coordinate with contractors to forecast project
completion, prioritize the critical
path and begin with the end in mind.
6. Assist in our process as directed.
7. Assist Operations Manager or Senior Project Manager during
pre-construction phase as directed. Assist and coordinate with the
Estimating Department during
development of the various stages of design estimates and value
8. Lead PlanCheck process by analyzing project documents during the
design phase and performing constructability reviews of design
and schedule review meetings with the Design Team, Superintendent,
and QA/QC Representative.
9. Create project scopes and bid tabulation sheets. Lead the
bidding process, including developing front-end specifications,
scheduling and running the prebid
meetings, receiving RFIs, and developing and distributing
10. Assume responsibility once Operations Manager has
submitted/turned over preconstruction for financial aspects of the
project, including fees, General
Condition items and reimbursable labor to protect company's
interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with
11. Regularly monitor project costs and communicate cost
12. Lead project meetings and ensure meeting agendas and meeting
delivered in a prompt and accurate fashion.
13. Assist in conducting regular executive level meetings. Manage
client issues or concerns at the jobsite and handle communication
with client representative.
Develop detailed agendas and tracking logs to clearly demonstrate
the status of the project to the Owner and board members.
14. Assist in the development of the Owner's GMP contract and
creation of subcontracts, including scope reviews and the post-bid
value engineering process.
15. Keep company management informed of all critical project
related issues. Offer feedback to improve EDiS performance.
16. Ensure all state and local regulatory and inspection agency
activities are scheduled as needed.
17. Create and effectively maintain submittal register and process
submittals, using BuildingBlok if applicable.
18. Review contractor change orders for scope, costs, labor rates
and schedule impacts. Coordinate with Estimating Department, as
needed. Process all CORs
within an appropriate time frame to not delay the project.
19. Work with field personnel to lead Pre-Install Process by
collecting and addressing relevant submittals, safety concerns,
scheduling related issues and
contractor coordination, and preparing meeting minutes in a prompt
and accurate fashion.
20. Require contractors to provide quality construction work
consistent with plans and specifications.
21. Thoroughly closeout a project by establishing project
completion list and leading punchlist process and internal
archiving of project.
22. Oversee closeout of owner contract and acceptance of
23. Maintain and complete all assigned project documentation
ensuring documentation is thorough, up to date and accurate.
24. Submit appropriate reports, timely, clearly and accurately.
25. Respond to communications and inquiries in a timely,
26. Develop and maintain positive relationships with client,
contractors and design team to facilitate construction activities
and provide opportunities for future
27. Effectively manage subordinate team members' activities,
providing regular feedback, developing their skills and encouraging
28. Visit assigned projects on a routine basis. Ability to travel
and report to projects/office locations as required.
What You Need for this Position
Qualifications/Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Experience with industry specific software and technology (e.g.,
BIM, Microsoft Project, project specific software such as Ibidpro,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and
- Proficient with software to view, create, manipulate PDFs (e.g.,
Adobe Acrobat, BlueBeam)
- Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as
construction plans, safety rules and procedure manuals
- Ability to read and comprehend contracts
- Demonstrate extreme accuracy and organization of the entire
- Demonstrate sound judgment to make recommendations that affect
profitability and quality of project
- Ability to work independently and make significant, effective
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve project conditions with
contractors, design team and/or owner
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to
effectively present information one-on-one and speak in front of
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write
routine reports and business correspondence
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner,
developing solutions when possible
- Commitment to superior customer service, responding promptly to
the clients' needs and meeting commitments
Required Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related
- Minimum of 5 years' direct construction management experience
- Experience running projects of greater than $10M or combination
of projects that simultaneously equal totals of or over $20M
- Knowledge of or experience managing LEED certified buildings
- Proven success managing multiple projects concurrently
- OSHA 30-hour Certification
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Experience managing multiple delivery methods - GC, CM,
- Knowledge of specialty areas (e.g., MEP systems, building
So, if you are a Construction Project Manager with experience,
please apply today!
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: CyberCoders, Wilmington , Construction Project Manager, Professions , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!