Inside Sales Representative
Company: Johnson Matthey
Location: West Chester
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Johnson Matthey ('JM') is a global leader in science that
enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of
sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs,
we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers'
products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low
emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making
the most efficient use of the planet's natural resources. Today
more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our
network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the
world around us.
Direct account responsibility for inside sales of precious metal,
precious metal products, and Nitinol products within assigned
industrial market sector via tele-sales role. Direct responsibility
for all customer quotations, order entry, verification of order
parameters, including lead time and change notices within assigned
product group. Incumbent must be responsive to customers'
requirements by coordinating expediting of customer orders with
plant scheduling, resolving complaints, processing invoices,
ensuring accounts are paid in full and maintained with established
- To interact daily with industrial customers to provide
outstanding customer service for the products and services of
Platinum Group Metal Services through telephone/email contact with
- Act as liaison between JMI departments and customers to
facilitate working relationships and ensure that customer needs are
understood and communicated.
- Accurately quote prices.
- Order entry and verification of the customer's written purchase
order, order confirmation, and invoice must be complete within 24
hours of receipt.
- Respond to all standard quote requests within 24 hours. Contact
customer within specified time period to assist in follow-up on
- Coordinate quoting of nonstandard items through cost estimating
making certain that customer requirements are fully specified and
- Coordinate resolution of all customer complaints on a timely
basis in such a way as to result in improved customer
- Direct monitoring of customer metal consignment balances/metal
deals to ensure adequate quantity of metal is present to meet the
business unit's financial and production requirements.
- Assist in budgeting process and monthly forecasting process by
providing information on customer trends and tendencies to support
revenue and S&OP demand forecasting.
- Maintain a business and technical awareness for those products
assigned to the Sales Representative.
- Interface with Sales Manager/Regional Sales Representatives to
expedite flow of pertinent information and coordinate response to
Are you the ideal candidate?
- BS degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Industrial Industry experience is preferred.
- Associate's degree with 3-5 years' previous customer service /
inside sales experience in a manufacturing environment
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal,
telecommunications, math, and PC skills specifically in Microsoft
Office Suite software applications and CRM.#LI-LK1#JMUS
Keywords: Johnson Matthey, Wilmington , Inside Sales Representative, Sales , West Chester, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!