Guest Services Representative
Company: Tru by Hilton
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionOffering over 20 years of experience, Onix
Hospitality currently owns and manages eight award-winning,
top-performing hotels in the Mid-Atlantic region and Florida,
operating over 1,000 hotel rooms across its growing portfolio and
serving more than half million customers annually. We are currently
looking for a Guest Services Representative to join our team!Onix
Hospitality rewards it's employees for their hard work and
dedication to providing the best service possible, with a
wide-range of benefits and perks to show we care.BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive Salary
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits for You & Your
- 401k Retirement With Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Short-term Disability and Maternity Leave Options, Personal and
Family Medical Leave
- Company provided Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
CoverageEmployee Perks Program
- Tickets At Work for Discounted Entertainment Tickets!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- In Facility Training/Inservice Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Will/Estate Preparation Services
- Optional Legal & Identity Protection Services
- Verizon Wireless Discount Responsibilities and DutiesThe Guest
Services Representative represents the hotel to the guest
throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determines a guest's
reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay.
Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms
accommodating special requests whenever possible. Verifies the
guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking
procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate
front desk racks and communicates this information to the
appropriate hotel personnel. Works closely with the housekeeping
department in keeping room status reports up to date and
coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Maintains
guest room key storage and maintains and supervises access to safe
deposit boxes. Must be sales minded. Presents options and
alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the
activities and services of the property.
- Knowledge of the reservation system to make, change, and cancel
reservations, assist guests as necessary, post charges to guest,
master, house accounts and meeting rooms.
- Posts and files all charges to guest, master, and house
accounts. Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit card
and cash-handling policies and procedures. Follows procedures for
issuing and closing safe-deposit boxes.
- Is familiar with sales strategies; communicates daily with
reservation sales and uses suggestive selling techniques to sell
rooms and to promote other services of the hotel
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping
department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late
check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering
and maintenance division.
- Aware of all safety and emergency procedures and accident
- During the slow times, assists with maintaining the lobby,
coffee stations, and assisting with breakfast
- Be informed about daily operations and events and report any
unusual occurrences immediately to the Assistant General Manager or
the General Manager.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of property specific brands and
the ONIX HOSPITALITY portfolio. At all times strive to represent
the property specific brand and ONIX HOSPITALITY in the most
professional and courteous manner. Become familiar with all hotel
guests, their special requests and ensure that their needs are met.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year previous front desk experience, preferably in a
large volume property.
- Hotel computer experience.`
- Ability to type 30-35 wpm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: Tru by Hilton, Wilmington , Guest Services Representative, Sales , Georgetown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!